Bankrate’s January Financial Security Index finds that fewer than only 39 percent of U.S. adults could pay for an unexpected expense of $1,000.
School is almost out, but one mom has a great idea to keep kids learning all summer… while keeping the house clean! With classes ending for break, your kids will have a lot of time on their hands. No classes during the day… And no homework in the evening. Here is a simple way that
Ohioans contributed $5.1 billion to charitable efforts, according to The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s most recent data. Local consumers are making a difference in their communities and beyond via money and time. It’s important to consumers, especially millennials, that the companies they do business with make it a priority to give back to the community as
While the excitement of the holidays and the gift-giving season can be a magical time for children, adults face a plethora of additional expenses during the last two months of the year. Whether its gifts, food, decorations, the perfect outfit for that holiday party, or airfare to visit family – there’s no denying the holidays
Every year millions of Americans become victims of fraud due to merchant data breaches. And, with the recent Equifax breach, which affected 145.5 million people, chances are your information has been compromised. Although most consumers have probably only heard about a few breaches, more than 1,100 data security breaches have occurred thus far this year
It’s no secret that weddings are expensive; you plan for months, and when you return home from your honeymoon, the excitement of living your lives together begins with paying off wedding debt. For 62 percent of Ohioans, this means discussing finances as a couple for the first time, according to the Ohio Credit Union
MoneyAndStuff.info explains to kids what a Savings Account is, why saving money is a good idea, and the benefits of a savings Account at a bank or credit union. Share this free simple video on your social media and websites to help kids learn smart financial practices.
You can save yourself hundreds, even thousands, of dollars each year by eliminating these five bad habits, according to the Ohio Credit Union League. “The best advice any financial advisor can give is to look for ways to cut back and save,” said Patrick Harris, of the Ohio Credit Union League. “The best way to do
Nearly 18 million Americans will buy a new vehicle this year. Over half of all Americans plan to buy a house in the next five years. As more consumers make major purchases, the demand for affordable loans will rise. How can consumers take action to save on financing costs and find the most affordable loan?
A study of family finances by several government agencies reveals that only 38 percent of adults nationwide have established an “emergency fund” to fall back on during tough times. Are the remaining 62% of Americans one paycheck short of financial collapse? According to a survey by the Ohio Credit Union League, more Ohioans are saving